• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord wiki » What is the name of the tune with this piano chord sequence?

What is the name of the tune with this piano chord sequence?

Q. There's a really simple song with the chord sequence C A F G with what I think is 3 or 4 blocks of repeating melody, the sort of thing everyone knows a bit of, and I was worrying if anyone knows the name.

Really sorry it's a bit vague, but it's all I have to go on to describe it to you, since I always play the chords, and I don't know which notes the melody is on. Thanks in advance.

A. You're probably looking for Loesser & Carmichael's 1938 song ''Heart and Soul'' which ''is often simplified as a repeating I-vi-IV-V progression and taught to beginning piano students as an easy two-hand duet'' (Wiki):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8CSjDC18b0&feature=related
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_and_Soul_(1938_song)

Best,

Raymond

Original Question

So How do I know what note to play when going from a piano chord to another?
Q. I heard my music teacher Playing bohemian rhapsody today (by ear) and I know the chords but how did he know what to put in between them?

A. He used his sense of relative pitch to figure out the notes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_pitch

http://www.good-ear.com/servlet/EarTrainer

Knowledge of music theory also helps you to predict what may come next.

http://www.musictheory.net/

Original Question

How hard is it for children age 5-8 to play classical piano?
Q. Ive been checking out some YouTube videos of small children playing the piano, and some people call it child abuse. I disagree. If you have experience with this, can you tell me about how long it takes for them to learn the song well and how difficult is it?

A. I think it's only child abuse when parents slap a "prodigy" label on a little kid the minute the child picks out a simple tune on the piano. Most of these kids are even particularly good when compared to other children, but a lot of unearned and over-lavish praise is heaped on them. When they lose their cuteness--and their playing ability doesn't noticeably improve--then what?

Most children really love music, so giving them piano lessons to help nurture that love of music isn't a bad thing.

That's different from THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAbJO6FmbQ8&feature=fvwrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz-5HHaMWwg&feature=relmfu

I especially love the PBS special. There are times he is just playing some basic chords while an orchestra, singers, and other musicians are backing him up.

This is his Wikipedia article that lists his credits--and he's just 11.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Bortnick

He's still going strong and has many fans among people you would think would know better. The Emperor is naked, but no one wants to say.

Many famous composers and musicians did start playing and even composing music at a very early age. Of course, there are stories that Beethoven's father used to beat him regularly, but this may just be folklore--I've found sources that both confirm this story or shoot it down as false. However, it is true that Ludwig's Dad was extremely harsh with the young boy if he made mistakes and forced him to practice many hours, often into the night. On the other hand, Beethoven--as an adult--was recognized as a true piano virtuoso.
http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/courses/course_detail.aspx?cid=7250
http://www.sjsu.edu/beethoven/about_beethoven/faq.html

For the average kid, I think playing the piano is fine. It might be easier for a 7 or 8 year old to play than a 5 year simply based on the typical attention span at those ages, as well as physical dexterity, but I myself gave my 2 year old a small keyboard of her own to play with when she showed interest in her grandparent's piano. (Notice I said "play with"--but even a very young child can teach herself or be shown how to play simple tunes---it doesn't make them a musical genius)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is the name of the tune with this piano chord sequence?
Description : Q. There's a really simple song with the chord sequence C A F G with what I think is 3 or 4 blocks of repeating melody, the sort of thi...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger