• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord imagine » piano chords for i can only imagine by mercyme?

piano chords for i can only imagine by mercyme?

Q. so im trying to learn the song i can only imagine on piano but i dont have the chords or notes to the song...does anyone know where i can get them?

A. Not a piece of classical music - so wrong category.

Original Question

Do piano accompanists at musical auditions generally play the melody, or only the chords?
Q. I have an audition tomorrow, and I want only the chords played. Do I just tell him/her to leave the melody out?
Any help would be much appreciated!

A. It really depends on who the accompanist is. Sometimes they'll be the music director and others they'll be some person hired just to play for auditions. So you get a variety of skill levels.

If the accompanist is worth their salt, they've already seen the song that you're performing and should be able to play it. That said, if you come in with a Sondheim, the accompanist will probably want to kill you. It's INCREDIBLY difficult music for one person with two hands to play.

You can explain to the accompanist that all you want are the chords played, though it seems like a strange request. I'd imagine that playing the melody would always make you sound better and give the director/casting director/music director a better look at what you can do.

Original Question

Can someone explain to me what chord voicings are?
Q. Hi! I'm a little bit confused about 7th chord voicing. I understand inversions but voicing is a bit confusing for me. I want to know how many possible chord voicings are out there. I also want to know which notes I have to lower in order to correspond to the drop voicing. Thanks.

A. Chord voicings are ways in which you can arrange the notes in the chord for various effect. For a 7th (assuming you mean Dom 7) in G, you might "drop 2, drop 4" which means (for one example) on piano, you would play the root and 5th in the right hand, and play the 3rd and the 7th in the left. In this example, then, imagine the G7 chord this way: (from the bottom), LH: B, F, RH: G, D. Root position of this chord would simply be G, B, D, F. Reasons for voicing chords certain ways may be for concerted writing (voice *leading* so that each instrument has a line that is close to step-wise movement), or for supporting the melody. Capeche?

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : piano chords for i can only imagine by mercyme?
Description : Q. so im trying to learn the song i can only imagine on piano but i dont have the chords or notes to the song...does anyone know where i ca...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger