• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord finger placement » Is it possible to learn violin without a teacher?

Is it possible to learn violin without a teacher?

Q. I've just bought a violin and I really want to be able to play it well, but I don't have the time and resources to go for a violin class. I did have a few years of music class behind me, and I am about Grade 3 in piano and I can play a bit of guitar (not much, just some chords and simple techniques). If it's possible, then what are the first things and techniques I have to learn about playing violin?

A. Yes like others have said
there are a few good lesson books, DVDs that someone will learn to play some basic songs
also you have a music background so reading music is behind you so then all you need to learn is finger placement.

Original Question

waht is the difference between broken chord and arpeggio?
Q. I'm preparing for the piano placement exam and don't know the difference between a broken chord and an arpeggio.
and also what is different between finger scales and just scales?

A. The word "arpeggio" actually translates to "broken chord" (or so I've been told, I don't speak Italian).

The terms are used interchangeably, and I've never heard anyone use them to refer to distinctly different ideas. "Broken chord" is not a terribly common term, most people just say "arpeggio". If your school/teacher/whatever is using the terms to refer to specific things, then that is just some crap they've made up. I've been through two of the best music schools in the country and have never heard anyone speak as though "broken chord" was anything more than a synonym for "arpeggio".

I've also never heard the term "finger scales" in my life. It sounds like your teacher has a tendency to just make stuff up. It's not uncommon to invent terms for things to help organize your lessons, but it should always be made clear to the student when you are using nonstandard terms.

Original Question

GUITAR METHODS: Fastest (effective) way to learn?
Q. I already know how to read music and I know a ton of music theory and all that; I don't know how to form chords or assemble them into songs.

I want to learn pretty quick to play as if I were going to play in an Indie band.

I'd like to hear different methods of how people learned well.

P.S. I already knwo rhythms and everything: i play drums and piano.

A. Since you "already knwo rhythms and everything" then concentrate on forming and memorizing as many chords and their progressions that you can. Your music theory should kick in and help with those progressions, such as the knowledge of going from C, to C7, to F, to G7, and back to C.

Purchase a guitar chord book showing the music notations of each chord. That way, you can place finger placement with the music notation.

Good luck.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Is it possible to learn violin without a teacher?
Description : Q. I've just bought a violin and I really want to be able to play it well, but I don't have the time and resources to go for a viol...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • chord progressions for enhancing improv skills?
    Q. I'm a guitarist and I'm trying to work on my improv skills. I'm looking for some chord progressions to practice over that ar...
  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Chord Progressions??
    Q. If I have the right thing.. when writing a song on the piano, and you're in a specific key - for example let's say we're in ...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • Does anyone know where i can get a free piano chord sheets for Poker Face?
    Q. So im looking online and if you could, please put a link for a site you may find them on, cuz im not having and luck. thanks! A. D ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What the heck is this PIANO CHORD?
    Q. when you take C chord, and you know you got your 1st, 3rd, and 5th keys hit from that C, when you take your 3rd key and go up a half ste...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger