• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » a minor 7 piano chord » How can I learn to memorize my piano chords for my music faster?

How can I learn to memorize my piano chords for my music faster?

Q. At my school they have a program called Winter Drumline and it's like a drumline show whenever marching season is over, the pit and the battery are in it. I am in the pit for winter drumline this year and I am playing the synth (electric piano). I am new to playing piano and I am not used to treble clef, I play trombone and baritone so I am more familiar with the bass clef, although I can read treble, it takes me a minute. So the chords I have to play are kind of difficult, especially for someone learning to play. How can I learn these chords faster so I can learn the show faster? Please help and thanks in advance :)

A. Hey Good for you! I was in Winter drum line to0. I marched snare, and now I am a Jazz Piano major. A good way to memorize chords is to take one measure at a time very slowly. Ms=Measure
Example:

-Memorize Ms1.
-Memorize Ms2.
-Play Ms1&2 very slowly until you have that memorized.
-Memorize Ms3
-Play Ms1-3 very slowly unitl memorized
-Memorize Ms4.
-Play Mes1-4

Bump up the metronome 5 clicks and repeat for awhile.

Then do the same thing for measures 5-8
and then play measures 1-8 very slowly.
And continue learning the rest of the show like that.

That method is to learn specific chords that are written out like you said on a treble clef. But You should start to read chord charts too and chord symbols, so when you see a C-7 chord you know to C-Eb-G-Bb or when you see a G7 chord you know to play G-B-D-F.

If you don't know what 7 chords are, start to learn ALL your major and minor triad chords.
C=C-E-G
Db=Db-F-Ab
D=D-F#-A
etc.....

and then the next step would be to learn those major and minor triads in different 1st and second inversion, meaning the middle or last note is on the bottom.

First inversion chords:
C=E-G-C
Db=F-Ab-Db
D=F#-A-D
etc..

Second inversion chords:
C=G-C-E
Db=Ab-Db-F
D=A-D-F#
etc...


Piano is one of the most technical instruments to play because not only do you have to consider rhythm and harmony but also melody.

If your really interested in piano see if you can find a teacher that teaches both Jazz, and classical.
If your in the Detroit area I give lessons!

Good luck sorry for the rant!

Original Question

How do you play piano music off of chord sheets.?
Q. I need to learn how to play the piano using chord sheet music, not the regular sheet music. I already know how to play regular but I'm unsure of how to play when you get chords like: Am7, Gsus, G/B, or Fmaj9

How do you change from using regular notes to chord sheet music?

A. you just play the normal chords...like gmajor or minor to a minor 7th...go back and forth....just know all the chords and then you can switch back and forth.

Original Question

How to play an octave well in the piano?
Q. I'm 25 years old. I've learned piano for a couple of years. I wasn't started it when I was a kid. I tried to play some stretching exercise before. Such as, Hanon No. 19 and 20. But it seems doesn't have any improvements. I really would like to know how can I improve the problems of stretching. Thank you! I really appreciated.

A. Increasing your octave technique will take dedication and patience, especially if you didn't start when you were a kid. I would continue with the Hanon excercises, but make sure that you aren't playing past when it starts hurting, because that's when injury happens!

I would begin by always relaxing any tension in your neck, shoulders, forearms, and wrists before you sit down to practice. (Remember, increasing agility and flexibility WILL take months and months of practice - even music majors who practice constantly are always working on overcoming technique difficulties) I would try slowly relaxing your neck, rolling your shoulders, and just loosely shaking your arms from your shoulders - let gravity release any tension in your arms. If you are trying to warm up or stretch any muscles with tension, you'll just hurt yourself.

Once you are loose, I would work with blocked chords first - try inversions of the major and minor triads (C-E-G, E-G-C, G-C-E) and eventually add the upper root (for example, play blocked C-E-G-C, E-G-C-E, G-C-E-G) so that you are playing an octave, but it's easier on your hands because you are supporting the stretch with your middle fingers. Do everything slowly - there is no need for speed, as that just builds tension and accomplishes nothing.

Another thing that might help is to "drop" into the notes. Hold your wrist above the piano and drop into a blocked 5th - rather than push the keys. If you can naturally drop into that 5th without too much stretching or tension, then try a 6th, 7th, and finally an 8th. Do everything in increments - never push past pain! Talk to your teacher about it too, since he/she can watch your hand position while you play and give you some specific critiques/corrections.

Hope this helps!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How can I learn to memorize my piano chords for my music faster?
Description : Q. At my school they have a program called Winter Drumline and it's like a drumline show whenever marching season is over, the pit and ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Can someone tell me the piano chords for don't let me be lonely?
    Q. Hello, I attended a summer camp for adult visually impaired campers and really liked it, so I want to go back next year. They usually ha...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger