• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » gb piano chord » What sort of chord progression should I use?

What sort of chord progression should I use?

Q. I'm trying to write something on a piano. The "verse" consists of one bar of C, one bar of A, one bar of Gb, half bar of F, half bar of E, then repeated. I'm not quite sure how to work with the chorus though. Any suggestions?

A. What you have so far is pretty unusual.
You're coming down in minor thirds C - A - Gb and then finish chromatically F - E.
There is no real connection to a key center as finishing on the E chord does not lead naturally back to C.
Do you have a key in mind?
You could go to F for the chorus or Dm.
Whatever you do, make it a different shape. Move around less like:
F /// | E /// | Dm /// | C /// | F /// | E /// | F /// | G /// | or simile.
It sounds to me like you could do with some harmonic variety instead of just a bunch of major chords.
But then who am I to judge!
Some free info here that might help:

Original Question

How many major and minor chords are there for piano?
Q. I know that there are more than just major an minor chords, for example, diminished but I only want to know how many major and minor chords there are...help :)

A. That is a really difficult question to answer...

Unless you just just want the number of major and minor TRIADS. So there are 12 notes in a scale. so.. 24? unless you counting each octave as well.
a piano has 6 or 7 octaves...so then 144 or 168... just major and minor triads... as in 1-3-5
it's pointless counting each octave since it's all the same notes.
So I leave my answer at 24.
1. C major
2. C#/Db major
3. D major
4. D#/Eb major
5. E major
6. F major
7. F#/Gb major
8. G major
9. G#/Ab major
10. A major
11. A#/Bb major
12. B major
multiply that by 2 for the minor chords.

Original Question

What are the notes which makes up these chords?
Q. I've come across a song recently which is made up of lots of very complex chords. What are the notes which forms the four ascending chords heard in this video at 3:12 ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGN3FVJh98

Thanks!

A. I count five chords, starting with the one sounding at 3:12, and finishing with the one playing when the singing starts, so I'm not sure which four chords you mean. Here are the five I hear, with the voicings as I'd play them on piano:

Bb9/13
RH: Ab C D G
LH: Bb

F/A
RH: F A C
LH: A

Gb/Ab
RH: Gb Bb Db
LH: Ab

G+(7)b9
RH: (F) Ab B D#
LH: G

GbM7
RH: Bb Db F
LH: Gb

See what you think.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What sort of chord progression should I use?
Description : Q. I'm trying to write something on a piano. The "verse" consists of one bar of C, one bar of A, one bar of Gb, half bar of F...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • What mode do you solo in for jazz piano?
    Q. I'm the pianist in my high school jazz band, and I'm working on my jazz piano improv (during repeat sections where people take s...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger