• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » how to piano chord progressions » What are the piano chords for "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie?

What are the piano chords for "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie?

Q. I play a little bit of piano, and I really love that song. All I am looking for is the names of the piano chords used in the song, the chord progression, and the notes that make up those chords. Thanks in advance, God bless! :-)

A. "Transatlanticism" - Death Cab:
http://www.e-chords.com/chords/death-cab-for-cutie/transatlanticism

"Transatlanticism" - Death Cab:
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?1164368

"Notes in Chords: Major, Minor, 7th, Aug":
http://www.michael-thomas.com/music/class/chords_notesinchords.htm

Cheers ebs

Original Question

Tips for practicing chord progressions in jazz?
Q. I've been playing jazz on the piano for a while now, and while my technical skill at the piano is about up to snuff I'm having trouble keeping up with the chord progressions. I can more or less follow a blues if I really concentrate but that's it. So can you guys and gals give me any tips on how to keep up with a song's chord progression and especially on how to practice that?

A. You might want to try what they used to call music minus one records. Now primarily CD's.....What they are is a rhythm section playing thru various tunes.....and you have the book with the chord changes included. The recorded rhythm section plays around 20 choruses of a given tune and you play along with them...As a pianist you can practice either soloing or comping along with the record....the rhythm section never gets tired. Its a new take on going to jazz clubs and asking to sit in. One of the best to work from is the Jamey Abersold records. Look in the back of Down Beat magazine or Jazz Times magazine. Hope this helps you out. Best of Luck!!

Original Question

When playing a chord progression on the piano do we play the same notes with both hands?
Q. I'm confused, I learning the 1 4 5 chord progression and I dont understand what I'm suppose to be doing with my left hand?

A. There are thousands of different ways to voice any particular chord - and all of them are equally correct. Learning different inversions and larger and smaller voicings of your chords will be an essential part of your education as a musician
However, a good place to start is by playing each chord in closed triad position (each note just one skip away from the other) with your right hand, and playing just the root note of the chord with your left. So, this:

RH - 5G - 5C - 5D - 5G
RH - 3E - 3A - 3B - 3E
RH - 1C - 1F - 1G - 1C

LH - 5C - 2F - 1G - 5G

Notice your RH fingering remains 135 on each chord while your left hand uses a more connective fingering. The next logical step after that is to learn how to invert the IV and V chords in order to connect the inner voicing better. So, this:

RH - 5G - 5G - 5A - 4G
RH - 3E - 2D - 3F - 2E
RH - 1C - 1B - 1C - 1C

LH - 5C - 2F - 1G - 5C

Note that this voicing uses the same identical note names as in the first excerpt, but they're rearranged this time and spelled in a different order (BDG instead of GBD). This is called playing the chord in an inversion. When learning this new excerpt, try to connect your fingers smoothly whenever possible, for example, connect the 3E in the first chord smoothly to the 2D in the second. And as always, connect your bass notes smoothly throughout.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What are the piano chords for "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie?
Description : Q. I play a little bit of piano, and I really love that song. All I am looking for is the names of the piano chords used in the song, the c...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger