• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord patterns » How to play a song on piano using chords?

How to play a song on piano using chords?

Q. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AJzOwK-qys

From what I can tell, all he/she is doing is playing chords in different patterns. How can I learn different chord patterns like this? Is there maybe any website that can teach me? Thanks for the help!

A. This is not a classical music question. The Smiths are a pop band... so the question is irrelevant.

Original Question

What chord pattern is best to follow when writing in B minor?
Q. I know how to end phrases with cadances and such but what the inbetween?
Can you give me a phrase of chords in Bminor to follow and work with?
Sugestions welcome.

A. Contemporary music uses a lot of chord patterns that you did not hear very often back in the 1960's and 70's. Play the chords on the piano and see how they sound; almost anything goes now. Traditional chord progressions would go from B minor to E minor then to F# 7.

Original Question

what piano chords sound nice together?
Q. I am looking for some know how on what piano chords work well together, as i have written some songs and can not make the tune for the as im lost on what chords sound nice.
Please help!

A. Here are some groups of chords you could try:
1. C F G
2. D G A
3. G C D

Many, many songs use chords like these, just in different patterns. If you want to add something extra try a minor chord, for example with G C D you could also include E minor. Play around with it and see what happens!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to play a song on piano using chords?
Description : Q. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AJzOwK-qys From what I can tell, all he/she is doing is playing chords in different pattern...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger