• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » key piano chord » How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?

How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?

Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get the chords for the bass from the piano chords.

A. Typically the bass plays the same chords that the piano is playing, as both are concert C instruments. So an A chord on the piano is an A chord on the bass. Of course this is assuming you have the chords written above each measure. If this is the case, have the bassist improvise a line based on the chords. It's easy. If the chords are not written, you'll have to figure them out from the key of the piece and the melody written.

Original Question

Piano chords to go with alto sax piece?
Q. I'm playing colours of the wind on alto sax in the C Major key... I need three piano chords that i can play to accompany this, but I need help.

A. Here are the chords for "Colors Of The Wind" by Vaness Williams:
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/v/vanessa_williams/colors_of_the_wind_crd.htm

As key for piano or guitar here is shown the key C major:
C, Am, C, Em, Am, F, Dm, G, Am.

If you play that correct chords for piano, the alto sax has to play the melody chords:
A, F#m, A, C#m, F#m, D, Bm, E, F#m.

If you play the melody on alto sax in the key of C major, the piano has to play the chords:
Eb, Cm, Eb, Gm, Cm, Ab, Fm, Bb, Cm.

Cheers ebs

Original Question

how do i transpose keys on the piano to guitar chords?
Q. kk so im writing a song and i need to transpose the keys from piano into guitar chords (the piano notes are D#,F#,B,Bb), so if anyone knows any websites to help or if they already know how that would be really helpful.

A. "Transpose" indicates you want to convert from one key signature to another. Unless you're changing key, you don't need to transpose anything: just play the same notes on guitar. The same is true of chords.

If you don't know the name of the piano chord, here's a site that will give you the name: http://music-utilities.com/cgi-bin/chordfind.pl
The 4 notes you listed would form a Bmaj7 chord on piano or guitar. If you already know the name of the chord on piano, simply use any guitar chord chart to find the fingering on guitar: http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

If you just want to locate the same notes on a guitar fretboard, here's a chart that shows all the notes: http://guitarsecrets.com/homeworktw.htm

Here's a site that will show you the chord name if you enter the notes on a fretboard: http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
Description : Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • whats the difference between a c chord and the key of c?
    Q. i have a piano chart at home that says C chord is G, C, and E (in that order). but i've learned that C is C, E, and G. they are the ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger