• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » a flat piano chord » How do you convert piano chords into sheet music? Is there some sort of program you can use?

How do you convert piano chords into sheet music? Is there some sort of program you can use?

Q. I've played for 8 years, but I only know how to read sheet music, and I don't have time to learn to read chords before i play next. Please help??

A. You mean to say that you can't read chord symbols? Like G7 F#m Bb7(#9) etc?

You've been playing 8 years and you can't do that??!?! No offense, but what have you been learning? Getting by for 8 years without a basic understanding of how music is constructed... I just can't understand that. Do you even know how to play your major scales? If not, learn that... NOW! You're way behind.

If you can play your major scales, it's not that hard to understand how chords are made.

http://a.1asphost.com/LukeSniper/ccc.html

This is a chart of chord formulas I made. My first guitar teacher gave me something like this my second lesson, and it gave me a HUGE leg up on my peers. Actually understanding music is crucial to giving a moving performance. Otherwise what you're doing is no different than someone reading a poem in a language they don't speak.

If you play two octaves of any major scale, number each note on the way up (you really only need to go up to 13 though). Then, to play any type of chord, you just play the notes the formula says. SO a major chord is 1 3 5. In C, this would end up being the notes C E and G. Any combination of C E and G is a C major chord. Some of the chords have alterations to a specific note, for example, a dominant 7th chord is 1 3 5 b7. So you would take the normal 7th, and flat it. In C, this would result in C E G and Bb.

Get it? Good.

That chord chart should give you plenty to work with. Seriously though, playing for 8 years and you couldn't play an F7 if somebody asked? There's something wrong with that... I'm not saying that you've failed, but your teachers have definitely failed you.

Original Question

What are the gothic music chords?
Q. Im really into all that dark, erie, gothic type music, but I cant find the chords to make my own gothic song. I play piano, so piano chords would be perfect. I dont know if its an e flat scale chord, or an a sharp or flat scale chord, so ya, if u could tell me that would be great. And if u know a video to help that would also be awesome. Thanks alot.

A. http://www.jguitar.com/scaledictionary.jsp

Check this out, perhaps try researching some bands you like and the scales they use. For example, as the D minor chord sounds very melancholy, look at scales in Dm and have fun with it.

Original Question

How is watching someone play the piano good for people who are beginners?
Q. How is watching professional pianists play the piano good for people who are beginners & want to learn to read music & play the piano?

A. A lot of what a professional pianist does will be far too fast for the human eye to catch. Far better to sit at a piano and find out what works and what doesn't. Piano lesson number one. A "C" chord contains C, E & G in any order with a C bass (playing a G or E bass under the C chord creates well known combinations you're ear will recognise). An "F" chord contains F, A & C with an F bass and A and C basses played underneath having similar effects to those described above. A "G" chord has G, B & D and again, having a G bass is normal but using a B and a D as a bass note is very common to achieve certain effects.

Learn those three chords, play around with adding other notes until your ear recognises how the combinations can fit together and practise like mad.

If you learn 6 or 7 chords, you'll have the basics to play enough songs to sing along to in the keys of C, F and G (once you add B flat chord and so on).

A C chord with an A bass is an A minor 7th and it's used LOTS. An F chord with a D bass is a D minor 7th and THAT is used lots too.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do you convert piano chords into sheet music? Is there some sort of program you can use?
Description : Q. I've played for 8 years, but I only know how to read sheet music, and I don't have time to learn to read chords before i play ne...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • What is the best Piano teaching software?
    Q. Is there one that teaches chord proficiency like Mavis Bacon teaches typing? With the aid of a MIDI controller. A. I loved the old Mir...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger