• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » gm7 piano chord » Can someone help me list out some Jazz piano chord progressions i'll use for my auditioning...?

Can someone help me list out some Jazz piano chord progressions i'll use for my auditioning...?

Q.

A. Fmaj7 Dm7 Gm7 Gbmaj7 Am7 Abmaj7 Dbmaj7 C7sus4 F6 F#o7 Gm7 C7 Eb7
Ab7 Db7 G7 C7 Fmaj7

Original Question

Jazz piano improvIsation question?
Q. I'm just getting in to improvisation on piano. I have this piece by Charlie Parker called "bloomdido". I have the chord progression and the main melodic line. I want to extend the piece with my own melodic line after the original phrase. The key is in b flat major and the progression goes i vi ii v i for the first bar. Please can some one tell me how to improv on top? Is there a suitable scale for this piece?

A. I doubt whether those chords are all happening in the first BAR, probably first 2 or 4.
What you've got is a classic turn around of BbMaj7 - Gm7 - Cm7 - F7 - Bb.
If you become familiar with the major scale modes and their chords, their guide tones and avoid notes, you'll find out that you can improvise over all those chords using the Bb scale.
The trick is not to lean on the avoid notes to much.
All that information and how to use it, is presented in a clear way on the website below.

Original Question

Chord progression help?
Q. I've been working on a chord progression and i've tried a ton of stuff. All i need is the fourth chord. So far its Em, Am, Dm, then nothing. I'm looking for a darker, sadder tone, so G doesn't work.

A. I think it's going to depend on where yo melody is.

If your changes on Em to Am has the melody on E, and the Dm moves the melody up to F, then a Bb or Gm7 might work, if the melody note moves down to D you could plunk in a Bm. If you return the melody to the E, I would probably return to Am or Em. Or how about an F#m7?

That's why I start with a melody and fill in harmony afterward.

... I'm flying blind here, away from my piano, and just sort of playing "air keyboard"

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Can someone help me list out some Jazz piano chord progressions i'll use for my auditioning...?
Description : Q. A. Fmaj7 Dm7 Gm7 Gbmaj7 Am7 Abmaj7 Dbmaj7 C7sus4 F6 F#o7 Gm7 C7 Eb7 Ab7 Db7 G7 C7 Fmaj7 Original Question Jazz piano improvIsation ques...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger