• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » korean piano chord » I dont understand what these piano/music notes/symbols mean.?

I dont understand what these piano/music notes/symbols mean.?

Q. What do the symbols/notes that are sometimes under or above the chords mean?
They're music notes with x's on it O________O ?
i dont understand what it means ><

http://www.4shared.com/file/168749322/7ded97b6/After_School_-_Because_Of_You.html
^go to link and open the file.

The confusing notes im talking about, the first ones you can see, are above some of the first lyrics(lyrics are korean symbols) and again another reminder, there's an X on the note with a line on top.

A. That looks like the kind of notes used in music written for percussion instruments. In those instruments, pitch is not usually an issue, so they replace the noteheads with an X. It's a strange use, though, because even percussion instruments are written into a staff to indicate which percussion instrument is used(like the difference between cymbal and a snare drum). In this case, I agree with Kay and jones. It must be to indicate the rhythm for speaking the words. Also, from looking at your sheet music, it seems to be used to indicate, specifically, how the Korean(?) words are spoken. I haven't looked the entire thing over though.

They are not double sharps, because how could they be? That would need a notehead for them to be attached to, in order to get sharpened.

EDIT:
After looking at the sheet music closer, I noticed the notes don't always stay in the same place. I don't really know how pitches relate to percussion instruments, but higher percussion instruments seeeem to be at the top and lower at the bottom. Also certain symbols are used for these percussion instruments, and this one looks like some of the cymbals. Here's a link to a picture showing what I mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percussion_notation#Cymbals

I wonder if you could use piano notes as percussion, that is if you never change their pitch. I'm just saying because I don't really know this music or Korean so I can only just say to think about it. Maybe it does have to do with the words, I dunno. I guess you should just make it sound right.

Original Question

can you gave me a piano chords of autumn tale(REASON)notes please i can't find it.?
Q. its an korean drama ost that i love i want to learn it in piano. please help me pls.pls.pls.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A. try going here:
http://pianolicious.blogspot.com/
http://amusic.uni.cc/scores_male.php
http://www.ccjt.net/
http://www.gangqinpu.com

Original Question

I have a lot of questions about piano...?
Q. I think i am going to get a piano but i want to know a little bit so i am going to jump in and ask.

1. How hard is it to play?

2. How long does it take to learn it?

3. Can I self teach or do i NEED a teacher?

4. How hard is it to read the sheet?

I am 100% new to pianos so any bit of info will help, it will be my first instrument...any links or anything would be appreciated. Thank you :)

A. 1. The piano is the -easiest- instrument to play because you just 'push buttons'. As opposed to having to learn bowing technique or fingering or embouchure or getting a good tone. OTOH because it's easier to play, much more is asked of the piano.

2. Three months or the rest of your life. 8^) It depends on what kind of music you want to play.

3. Almost all musicians play the keyboard as a 'second instrument'. Its like the English language. When a Korean merchant buys material from a Bolivian supplier, they talk to each other in English because it's everyone's 'second language'. Keyboard (not necessarily -piano-) is everyone's second instrument. When a base guitarist goes says 'This is what the flute should play,' he plays it on a keyboard.

This is all self-taught, but it helps immensely to already have some musical background, to be able to play one instrument already. If someone asks me 'Do you know this song? How does it go?' I can sit down at a piano and play the melody with the right hand, chords with the left hand, just by ear, and make it sound recognizeable.

But I'm not really a piano player. To really play piano, to learn the piano style and technique, a teacher would be helpful.

4. I find it hard. I learned on instruments that only played one note at a time, and to read chords and two hands simultaneously would be a whole higher level of skill.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : I dont understand what these piano/music notes/symbols mean.?
Description : Q. What do the symbols/notes that are sometimes under or above the chords mean? They're music notes with x's on it O________O ? i d...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger