• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » a minor piano chord » How do I take Piano or Guitar Chords and make them notes for a Flute?

How do I take Piano or Guitar Chords and make them notes for a Flute?

Q. I have to play songs for the Student Ministry at my church on my flute. My worship leader gave me the Piano chords and i want to learn how to play some Breaking Benjamin stuff too. I have the chords but i have no idea what notes to play. I've messed around with the notes that are in the chords but they don't make sense. Especially the minors and majors..any help??

A. Figure out the key (scale) of the song then play around in that scale. Since you have the piano chords you could simply play the root note of the chord followed by other notes of the scale, or you could walk up or down to the root of the chord using the notes of the scale. You can use non-scale notes also but only in passing.

Really there is no such things as a wrong note. It's just a innate ability you develop to know when to play it and when to release it, e.g. placement and duration of a note. The ability to play your scales really fast, and skip around in them knowing where you are at all times will make it easy for you. Though you must control yourself and not overplay.

Your ear will develop and you'll eventually figure out how to play any melodic line you want or desire to play.
Original Question




What are the notes/ fingerings for these arpeggios on piano?
Q. What are the notes for C major C minor G major F major A minor D minor? Please help by telling me the notes or directing me to a website about piano chords, arpeggios or broken chords.

A. Arpeggios , as I'm sure you know are the notes of a chord played consecutively rather than together. So for C major you would play (going up the scale)
C E G C,
then back down the scale.
C minor
C Dsharp F
G major
G B D
F major
F A C
A minor
A C E
D minor
D F A
The fingerings for arpeggios are (right hand) thumb, 3rd finger, little finger 3rd finger, thumb.
or thumb, 3rd finger, thumb little finger, thumb, 3rd finger thumb.
Here are some useful sites (be sure to look at other pages than the ones directly linked.)
http://www.free-online-piano-lessons.com/arpeggios.html
http://8notes.com/resources/notefinders/piano_chords.asp
and for some fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AOEHW2SfWA
Happy playing.
Original Question




How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it and couldn't find the right thing. Anyone have any idea how to convert guitar chords to piano notes? I will play piano chords if I absolutely have to though I would rather play notes (for the accurate pitch).

A. It sounds like you are asking how to play a single note on the piano to match the guitar chord. If the guitar chord is C Major, C Minor, C Seventh, C (anything), you simply play a C note on the piano. D Major, Minor, etc, play a D note. These single notes are known as 'roots' or 'tonics' of chords. This is the same thing a bass player does when he plays with a guitar, although he will often embellish with other notes. I would recommend not just playing a single C note but two C notes with the same hand or both hands to get a fuller sound.
Original Question




what's the difference between major,minor,diminished and augmented chords?
Q. I want to know the difference in sound more as of the theory behind it.
If you can give me a link to somewhere where I could hear the different types of piano chords then it would be great.
thanks for any help.

A. the name haha

i dont know
Original Question







Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do I take Piano or Guitar Chords and make them notes for a Flute?
Description : Q. I have to play songs for the Student Ministry at my church on my flute. My worship leader gave me the Piano chords and i want to learn h...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • chord progressions for enhancing improv skills?
    Q. I'm a guitarist and I'm trying to work on my improv skills. I'm looking for some chord progressions to practice over that ar...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • Does anyone know where i can get a free piano chord sheets for Poker Face?
    Q. So im looking online and if you could, please put a link for a site you may find them on, cuz im not having and luck. thanks! A. D ...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger