• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord changing » How do I change chords on the piano more smoothly?

How do I change chords on the piano more smoothly?

Q. I've recently begun trying to learn the piano, and I've run into the problem that I can't change from chord to chord fast enough, especially when completely changing the hand arrangement. I was wondering if anyone had a technique to changing chords more smoothly?

A. In addition to using the pedal, as Wayne suggests, it'll help to know all inversions of your chords. There will always be an inversion of the next chord nearby to help with a smooth transition. For example: If you're playing C (C-E-G) and want to go to F (F-A-C), playing that F chord in second inversion puts it closer to the C chord (C-F-A). So now, the C stays the same, the E goes up one to F, the G goes up one to A. That's a simple example, but shows how knowing inversions will help with smooth chord changes.

Original Question

What piano chords make a good lullaby song?
Q. I am trying to write a song and am wondering if anyone knew chords that produced that sleepy wonderful sound. Thanks so much!

A. Well, you'd have to choose a scale first, a good scale would be G major or C major. In G major, whenever you play "C" or "F", you change the not to a sharp. Some chords you could use include G, B, D, or C, E, G (the most simple chord), but you should experiement different key combinations.

Good lullaby chords usually use three keys each spread out by one note.

Original Question

What/where are the coolest harmonies and progressions you've ever heard?
Q. The other day, I heard the university choir sing this awesome song by a resident professor of composition- it was a swelling, undulating flow of chord changes and harmonic progressions that were just too awesome to describe. I'm not even sure if the piece had words; I was too busy thinking how cool it sounded. What are some pieces you know that kind of fit this description? I'm not looking for anything in particular- choir, orchestra, solo etc., or any specific musical period; just anything that you found particularly evocative on hearing.

A. The third movement of Schumann's piano concerto, the B section of the rondo, there are some AWESOME piano arpeggios in the most beautiful chord progressions. Then it changes key 3 times, from A, to C, to B flat. Each of those key changes makes the harmonies even more rich and powerful. Each time the key changes it's like your heart sinks, and you have a moment of breathlessness, as you try to comprehend its beauty.

It's incredible!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meszio9oxu8
It starts at 2:15...

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do I change chords on the piano more smoothly?
Description : Q. I've recently begun trying to learn the piano, and I've run into the problem that I can't change from chord to chord fast en...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger