• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord chart poster » where can i find free piano chords?

where can i find free piano chords?

Q. i cant read music notes so i need just the chords like C# B A....and so on
any help will be much appreiciated :)
thanks x

A. Some sites that I use are:

http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/

http://www.8notes.com/resources/notefinders/piano_chords.asp

http://www.zebrakeys.com/resources/reference/virtualpianochords/

You could download a chord chart from here:

http://www.completechords.com/PGS_Products_Charts/Complete_Keyboard_Chord_Poster.htm

Any of these will work
Hope they help

Original Question

Help with piano chord?
Q. I have two different chords written into my piano music. Jazz, to clarify. What is the difference between a F6 and a F-6?

A. The first poster is correct.

F6 == F A C D
F-6 == F Ab C D

The only time you'll see lowercase used to indicate minor is in theoretical analysis; i.e. in a music theory book. Never written that way in standard musical notation; i.e. nobody uses lowercase at all to name chord roots in chord charts.

Original Question

What is a 7th chord?
Q. Not sure which kind of 7th it is, in my jazz music it says "C7". It is the solo section in "Basically Blues", the first measure, and I have know idea what to do! there are other chords in there and I can learn them if i knew what they were, like "Bmi7" or "G6". This is a really cool piece, and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

A. Another poster said it well when he called C7 a dominant chord. Since dominant chords and their scales occur naturally off the fifth scale tone of a major scale, C7 is the dominant of F, so the primary scale choice is a C scale which uses the notes from F major (including the Bb, which is the seventh of the root, C).
Philip U, I'll recommend using the chord syllabus to the foreword of the New Real Books; in it every conceivable chord is shown- including advanced notions like 9ths, 11th, 13ths, and even slash chords (sometimes used as an abbreviation for a 9sus chord). Almost all the examples use C as a root, so you would need to move patterns to the root shown in the chart. If at all possible, use a piano or even small keyboard (yes, even a Casio or other home portable will do, but be sure to transpose appropriately for your instrument) to develop your sense of intervals in both a visual and listening sense. For now, here are the spellings of the three examples you cited:
C7: C E G Bb
Bmi7 B D F# A (scale could be related to A, G, or D major - depends on other chords around it and/or the melody, if any)
G6 G B D E (could be related to G or D major- it's D major if any melody note is a C# instead of a C).
I hope I've been helpful; happy improvising to you!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : where can i find free piano chords?
Description : Q. i cant read music notes so i need just the chords like C# B A....and so on any help will be much appreiciated :) thanks x A. Some sites...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger