• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord workbook » How do I learn sheet music for an electric piano?

How do I learn sheet music for an electric piano?

Q. I'm getting a new piano and decide to learn sheet music before I play my first piano.So, how do I learn sheet music.

A. For any 'keyboard' or piano, get the basic starter books, CD or DVD learning aids to help you get into it. Chord books and use for left (accompaniment bass chords) and right (right hand melody) hands.

Get to your local music store or piano dealer for such material.

All short of getting lessons or even, from someone who is already into piano playing. Learning to read and write manuscript is complete in its direction, when you can someday accomplish this. There are workbooks on this.

Then you can create your own sheet music anytime, even during a 'doodle'

Taking notes by... notation.

Original Question

Anyone that plays piano or guitar.?
Q. Okay, when you have a song that is in say the Key of D, how do you know what chords to play with it? And for instance if the song is in D how would you chance it to a differnt key, say B?


I'm trying to teach myself to play piano, but I'm stuck. I want to learn to play by chords instead of music, but I have no idea how to do it. I got a thing off of the internet and it has all of the chords that are in a certain key, but I don't really know how to use them in a song. And plus their for guitar, and I don't know if that would make a difference with piano or not.

Anyone that has any imformation PLEASE help. I am desperate. And please give as much info as you know.

A. You need to learn theory to understand how scales and key signatures work, then you'll know what chords to play in what key, and how to transpose (change keys).

Chords are the same for piano and guitar. Chords are simply groups of notes. So, if you downloaded something that gives you the chords for the key of D on guitar, you can use those on piano too. Your 3 major chords in every key are the basis for modern songwriting. In D, that's the D chord, the G chord, and the A chord. F# minor and B minor are really common too, in the key of D.

Just start putting chords after one another and find a sound you like. Experiment!

Here's a great, free, downloadable theory workbook. It will get you going in no time. (It's not mine -- I just think it's the best free theory course out there, bar none.)

http://www.gmajormusictheory.org/Fundamentals/workbooks.html

Original Question

What beginning piano series works best for teaching piano?
Q. I have taken piano for 20 years myself, and have recently stopped taking lessons because I had a child. I'd like to actually begin teaching lessons myself. Can anyone suggest a series of books that might be good for this purpose? I have been playing material of my choice for years and am out of touch with the latest lesson, theory, and technique books. Does anyone that teaches piano have a suggestion? Thank you!

A. There's a series of books by KENNETH BAKER called THE COMPLETE PIANO PLAYER

If you've played before you might want to go to a shop to look at them before you buy them. I'd suggest you only get books 2 and 3. They'll explain the basics to you of modern playing. The best theory books to get are by DULCIE HOLLAND the books are called MASTER YOUR THEORY. You'll need books 1 2 & 3. Don't bother with the higher level stuff, that goes into history and writing for other instrumentslike flute etc... These are actually workbooks and they''re pretty good.

Unfortunately, there aren't any theory books out there with EVERYTHING in them, it's really only basic stuff. I could write books about the stuff thats not in any books...

You might also want to get yourself a scale manual: SIMPSONS SCALE MANUAL has EVERYTHING IN IT!!! And I mean everything.

And a book with pictures of piano chords for referencing.

When you combine the four together, you should be able to play straight from sheetmusic or song books with competency.

All the best.
Cat

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do I learn sheet music for an electric piano?
Description : Q. I'm getting a new piano and decide to learn sheet music before I play my first piano.So, how do I learn sheet music. A. For any ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • an advanced version of happy birthday for piano?
    Q. I want to play happy birthday on the piano for my uncle because it's his birthday today, but I want to play happy birthday a bit ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger