• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » notes f piano chord » piano chords??

piano chords??

Q. who knows piano chords here by numbers it's fingering...i don't know how to play it with notes so i prefer to have it on numbers,,not numerals but numbrs..like 2345345367

A. There are numeric ways you can build chords - counting keys.

For example, a major fifth is root note, then 4 keys up, then 3 keys up. (key = half-step)

A minor fifth is root note, then 3 keys up, then 4 keys up.

A 7th is root, then 4 keys, then 3 keys, then 3 keys.

A major 7th is root, then 4 keys, then 3 keys, then 4 keys.

You can use this sort of technique to get your hands used to building the chords - at some point, visual and muscle memory will take over. You may also find it helps to group chords by their hand shapes - e.g. C, F, and G major 5ths are 1-3-5 on the white keys, D, E, and A have the 3rd finger on a black key, and B is weird (3 and 5 are both on black keys).

A major scale is whole whole half whole whole whole half.

A whole step is 2 keys - a half step is 1 key.

Try it out! Whatever technique you use to learn and memorize - practice it!

Original Question

2 Piano Chords?
Q. what are these 2 piano chords? They are played on the white keys.

1. A D F

2. G C E

One finger on each letter - it forms a whole chord for all 3 notes.

A. Hmmm, the smart one isn't that smart ;-)
A D F is d minor, NOT F major. in deed in the 2nd inversion.

'Normal' chords are build lke this.
Rootnote --- Thirth --- fifth.
So from 'd' that gives us:
d -------------- f ----- a
(rootnote)(thirth)(fifth)

Now you cantake these note's and have any note in the bass. It could be:
d-f-a
---f-a--d
-----a--d-f

Same notes, same chord, but not the same function. In classical harmony, the second inversion is considered to be instable. It is progressive, wants to move on, not like the Rootposition, that one is (more or less) stable.

Look at wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_(music) ) for further information. As a matter of fact these two chords are given as an example there.

Original Question

piano chords?
Q. 1.OK How do you know how to make the melody in a song chords like if you are playing note E then do you play the whole E major chord to make it a chord?

2.And how do you know what chord to play when you are playing a melody or intervals or watever?

thanks for your help plz answers soon bye now chow tootalup hehehe

A. You can play anything you want. Typically when you write a melody it follows either a major or minor scale. So use chords that fit the intervals. If you want to work backwards and work with chords first then you think of chords as degrees of scale.

For example in the C major scale C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C, the first chord, C is major, D is minor, E is minor, F major, G major, A is minor, B is really the seventh of a G chord and back to C major. This works for all keys.

Your melody can follow the scale or it can be part of a chord. For example, in the key of C, if you play an E note you can play either a C chord, A minor, E minor, they all contain the E note.

Have fun

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : piano chords??
Description : Q. who knows piano chords here by numbers it's fingering...i don't know how to play it with notes so i prefer to have it on numbers...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger