• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord reference » Is it difficult to learn the piano and keyboard?

Is it difficult to learn the piano and keyboard?

Q. I'm 15 and I have a musical background in playing the violin. About how long would you say it takes to be decent at the keyboard or piano (meaning you could play just about any song with practice)?

A. I have been playing piano for 18 years. I suggest you learn piano instead of keyboard.
If you can play piano, keyboard is piece of cake - not true vice versa.

To be 'decent':
1. Practice everyday.
2. you need to STRENGTHEN your fingers (scales, chords, variations) before playing any piece.Took me good 8 years for this boring crap - but eventually pay off.
3. Play from easy piece then progress gradually to more difficult ones. Master a piece (incl. memorizing) before moving to the next one.

visit my website for reference

Original Question

what fingers I have to play in a piano chord?
Q. Some book taught me that I have to play with my thumb, my index and my ring finger but some persons say that I have to play with my thumb, my middle finger and my little finger and i don´t know what can i do. This is in case of the right hand.

A. I'm a pianist/composer http://pianoismyfriend.com

There is no such rule that you have to use this and that finger for all chords.

Every chord is different, every distance between one key to the other is different. You want to play the chord comfortably in relation to your fingers.

If you find any finger numbering in a sheet, that's just written there to 'assist/help' you to be able to play comfortably. So it's entirely up to you, as long as you can play them comfortably and produce correct sound.

Just for reference, basic chord has 3 variations. Root, 1st Interval, and 2nd Interval.

Root = C E G (thumb, middle, pinky)
1st Interval = E G C (thumb, index, pinky)
2nd Interval = G C E (thumb, middle, pinky)

Advice: avoid using your ring finger because it is a weakest finger out of your 5 fingers :)

Original Question

Can anybody extremely good at piano help me?
Q. I'm trying to learn the song it's only Wednesday by ear because there isn't any sheet music or anything for it but I just can't figure it out. Is there anybody out there that can get me the chords perhaps even just the intro?

A. Use this video as reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huz_n5vFXnQ

Verse- (0:00-0:30 part)

Bbm A Db/Ab Eb7 F7

Chorus- (0:30-0:47 & 0:47-0:59 part)

Bbm Gb Db Db/F7 F7/A

Bbm A Eb Gb Ab F7/A

Bridge- (1:56-2:20)

Db Eb Gb Ab

Bbm A+ Db/Ab Eb Gb

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Is it difficult to learn the piano and keyboard?
Description : Q. I'm 15 and I have a musical background in playing the violin. About how long would you say it takes to be decent at the keyboard or ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger