• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord simulator » Help in buying a piano?

Help in buying a piano?

Q. Hey guys I planning to having a piano lesson outside during the holiday. I do not have any music background and I never tried playing piano. I heard it would be good to a piano at home for practice. What type of piano should I buy ? since I am on tight budget as I am a poor university student. Is digital piano good enough? Brand recommendation?

A. Best brands are (in not particular order) Yamaha, Casio, Kawai, Roland and Korg.

The most important thing to consider is the number of keys. 88 keys is for real pianos. Less than that is for people that are only interested on simple kind of playing, with chords and simple things. For serious pianist, less than 88 keys is not acceptable. Still, the more keys, the better.

For cheapest and good enough as a piano, the Korg SP170 is the best with only 450 US$. But that is for a realistic piano experience. Sense you are beginner, i would first consider how serious are you about learning piano. Because if you don't need/want a piano "simulator", then i would recommend a cheap keyboard. Casio, korg and yamaha have many models of cheap keyboards. Of course, on those don't expect a real piano experience. Casio is maybe the most durable on this category, when is made in japan. If is made in china, don't expect to last long, no matter what brand is.

But if you want a more realistic piano simulator, then the best are (in price order):
Korg SP170 or Korg SP170S
450$

Casio PX-150
600$

There is also the Yamaha P-105 in 600$, but that definitely is not as good as the Casio PX-150.

If you care about having many sounds, make sure you choice one that have them. For example, the Casio PX-150 is more for piano only, with a few more sounds like bass, string, etc. But there is the PX-350 that is like the PX-150 but with over 200 sounds, rhythms, and many other features.

Conclusion, depends on what you want/need, and budged. And try to buy one with the most number of keys. 88 keys if you expect to play piano for real.

Good luck

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Help in buying a piano?
Description : Q. Hey guys I planning to having a piano lesson outside during the holiday. I do not have any music background and I never tried playing pi...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger