• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord database » What is Jazz standard?

What is Jazz standard?

Q. There is a jazz solo piano book called 40 most popular pieces JAZZ STANDARD
What is Jazz Standard?
Thanks!

A. A jazz standard is basically a very popular jazz song, generally consisting of only a head (main melody) and chord changes that go along with it.

Jazz standards are often played and recorded by many jazz groups, both professional and amateur.

Jazz standards are basically the standard vocabulary of jazz musicians. If you want to play with experienced jazz musicians they might expect you to know some more popular jazz standards and how to solo over them.

Check out this page on "What is a jazz standard?" This site also has a great database on all of the jazz standards: http://www.jazzstandards.com/overview.htm#Questions_and_Answers

Original Question

Bourne Supremacy Music Help wanted!!!!?
Q. Alright near the end of the Bourne Supremacy when Bourne is In Russia this song is right after he kills the guy in the car tunnel, what is the music in that sequence when he leaves the tunnel then and the police then show up? There is some good piano chords incorporated into the song that I like. Really could use some help with this. Much appreciated!!

A. Internet Movie Database can answer this easily

Original Question

"cinema paradiso" where can i find the piano@orchestral music score?
Q. please help. i hope you know where i can find or download, or buy this lovely music of Ennio Morricone. I love the movie and the music too. gracias!

A. Per the sheet music databases - Ennio Morricone's Cinema Paradiso score is not published. It is available only when Morricone conducts an orchestra. Mr Morricone keeps a very tight control on his copyrighted music.

There is published for sale:
The Best Of Ennio Morricone
ITEM: 52-ML2187
PRICE: $14.95
CATEGORY: Piano - Personality Book
VERSION: Piano Solos with Guitar Chords
Publisher Warner Bro/ Alfred Music Publishing

http://www.alfred.com/alfredweb/front/ProductDetail.aspx?itemnum=%20%20%20%20ML2187&pubnum=52

http://www.myspace.com/enniomorricone

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is Jazz standard?
Description : Q. There is a jazz solo piano book called 40 most popular pieces JAZZ STANDARD What is Jazz Standard? Thanks! A. A jazz standard is basica...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • What is the best Piano teaching software?
    Q. Is there one that teaches chord proficiency like Mavis Bacon teaches typing? With the aid of a MIDI controller. A. I loved the old Mir...
  • if you place a capo on the first fret and play a D chord, what chord are you playing then?
    Q. As in the secong fret with a capo.What chord are you playing in the normal D shape? A. Here's how a capo works: Do you know the ord...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger