• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord cheat sheet » What are these kind of piano songs (music sheets) called?

What are these kind of piano songs (music sheets) called?

Q. They're the kind of music sheets where there aren't any left hand notes, but there's something above the right hand notes that indicates that the left hand plays the same notes that the right hand does. What are these music piano music sheets called?

Thanks in advance! :D

A. Raymond is correct. I think you've misunderstood what is above the single treble clef. Above the staff are one form or another of chord symbols

You have the melody, and above, the harmony. A keyboard player who improvises and has learned the (pop) terminology for chords has enough to go on to play a full arrangement from that basic information.

They are called, as well as charts, "cheat sheets." The bound collections, "cheat books."


Best regards.

Original Question

Is it hard to learn to play the piano after knowing how to play guitar?
Q.

A. It depends on how proficient you are on the guitar, and whether you learned to play by ear, reading chords/tablature, or using actual sheet music (staff).

The notes are the same, the chords, progressions, scales, etc. are constructed the same way - it's just a matter of learning how to transfer it to black/white keys rather than a fretboard.

Playing piano also usually consists of playing different parts with the left and right hands - typically chords with the left, and melodies with the right. This takes considerable more coordination than playing a guitar (although some styles of guitar combine rhythms and melodies - usually while fingerpicking).

It depends on what you are expecting to be able to do with it. I learned to play guitar mostly by ear (with a few basic lesson early on), and I mostly stick to tablature (combined with listening to the song). I can bang out a few songs on piano - I can puzzle through sheet music but not 'site read'. I was vehemently anti-music theory for years because I believed (and still do to a point) that it can destroy creativity and originality.

I eventually came around (again - to a point), mainly because I became intrigued with harmonics - like why is it that certain combinations or strings of notes sound good together, while others don't, or why do minor chords/scales evoke feelings of melancholy, etc.

I also love to analog synthesizers (like my Moog Opus3), so it is helpful to have some piano/organ skills, but I usually just cheat and keep chord/scale sheets handy - plus I tend to use it a lot for sound effects, etc. rather than actually 'playing' it.

Original Question

how can i learn to play stuck in the middle with you on piano fast?
Q. i have to learn the song in a slower version or my sister's wedding in september! i needto learn it by then. and im no goodwith sheets. but i coulddo sheet music but how can i learn it and find it fast?


please and thnankyou,
nikki g

A. The first thing you may want to do is make a cheat sheet.
It looks like this: Cmaj x 4 \ Fmin x 4 \ Cmaj x 2 \ etc...
which means :
C major for 4 bars, F minor for 4 bars, C major for 2 bars.

If you're singing and playing, just figure out the root chords for each 4 bars and don't worry about playing any leads. Make it easy.

If you're playing the lead melody, just figure that out first and then add the bottom chords when you're comfortable.
There's really no other way to learn a tune "fast" other than just playing the sh__ out of it until you can do it in your sleep.
Then practice it some more.lol.

If I remember right, it's sort of like a 12 bar blues format and the verse melody is the same for every verse and the chorus is also the same melody on every chorus. The bridge is pretty simple so it shouldn't be too hard.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What are these kind of piano songs (music sheets) called?
Description : Q. They're the kind of music sheets where there aren't any left hand notes, but there's something above the right hand notes th...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger