• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord flash cards » How can I practice piano sheet reading?

How can I practice piano sheet reading?

Q. Ok I know where each note goes on the sheet but now I want to know how can I play and read at the same time and how could I practise that.

A. Learn by doing.
It takes effort. Practice slowly, maybe even painfully slowly, but make sure you play the notes that are written.

Use flash cards with notes, intervals and chords written on them. Play the chords and intervals in the air with finger spacing equivalent to piano keys.

... don't forget key signatures.

Original Question

Piano Teaching computer game?
Q. Back in grade school we use to play these games to help us learn to type on a computer keyboard. does this same concept exist with learning how to play the piano? from what i remember with those typing games, words would just pop up fast and you'd have to type them out and eventually you burn the keys in your brain cause you're doing it over and over again. anything like that with like piano chords and scales?

A. Flash Cards

http://www.musicards.net/

Original Question

Online Music Theory Study Material?
Q. Hello all, I'm studying music theory on my own and I was wondering if there was any recommended online material i could use to help. More specifically, I was wondering if there was, for instance, online quizzes or flash cards to help quiz myself on the various chords (Am7, C7#5, Em(add9),etc.) in order to really study and learn them rather than just rote memorization which I know isn't that effective. Ideally, if there's something that either shows the chord in writing or the positions of the hands on a piano or guitar (or even both!) and then asks questions, or hides the answer so that it's not just the picture and then what chord it is (I already have that in my books) that would be best.

Thank you!

A. You could try one of these following:

http://www.8notes.com/theory/
http://www.dolmetsch.com/theoryintro.htm
http://www.lovemusiclovedance.com/improvise_music_01.htm
http://www.mymusictheory.com/
http://www.musictheoryvideos.com/topics/triplets
http://www.musicards.net/
http://www.musictheory.net/

Hope that helps :)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How can I practice piano sheet reading?
Description : Q. Ok I know where each note goes on the sheet but now I want to know how can I play and read at the same time and how could I practise tha...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger