• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord e » how do you learn piano chords by yourself?

how do you learn piano chords by yourself?

Q. i quit my lessons before i finished grade 3. and how do i learn to play by ear?

and and and, how long does it take to learn guitar by using a book? a year?

A. Piano chords are very easy to learn. They are patterns that are not that difficult. Know which ones are which takes time. It can be easy to hear the difference between major and minor, but may take time to recognize diminished 7th and such.

I suggest that you go back to taking lessons. I would also suggest that you take guitar lessons as well. Chords on the guitar are a little tricky to pick out by accident. Lessons are usually fair priced.

How long does it take to learn the guitar? Well, a good instructor can have you playing a song in minutes. There is a very simple song that uses E A and D using half chords that can be learned in minutes. To become good at the guitar takes years.

Original Question

what is a piano chord ????
Q. what is a piano chord and why do you need to learn it

A. A chord is multiple notes sounding (or being played) together. Chords built in thirds are collectively referred to as tertian harmony.

A major chord is built by taking a major third (e.x. C and E) and placing a minor third (E to G) on top. A major third is always made up of two notes 4 half steps apart (C to C# to D to D# to E is four half steps). A minor third is always 3 half steps apart (E to F to F# to G is three 1/2 steps).

A minor chord is built by taking a minor third (like G an Bb) and placing a major third on top (Bb to D).

An easy way to find the parallel minor chord from a major chord is to simply lower the middle tone a half step.

By raising the top note by a half step on a major chord, (thus you have a major third stacked onto another major third) you come up with an augmented triad.

If you lower the top note of a minor triad you have two minor thirds on top of each other, and this is a diminished triad.

This is just some of the basics of chord structure... there's a LOT more.

It's important to understand chord structure because that's what almost all instrumental and choral music from Bach on up (until the 20th century and 12-tone series and stuff) is based on. Chord structure and progressions are absolutely necessary in the analysis of music.

Original Question

piano chords??
Q. who knows piano chords here by numbers it's fingering...i don't know how to play it with notes so i prefer to have it on numbers,,not numerals but numbrs..like 2345345367

A. There are numeric ways you can build chords - counting keys.

For example, a major fifth is root note, then 4 keys up, then 3 keys up. (key = half-step)

A minor fifth is root note, then 3 keys up, then 4 keys up.

A 7th is root, then 4 keys, then 3 keys, then 3 keys.

A major 7th is root, then 4 keys, then 3 keys, then 4 keys.

You can use this sort of technique to get your hands used to building the chords - at some point, visual and muscle memory will take over. You may also find it helps to group chords by their hand shapes - e.g. C, F, and G major 5ths are 1-3-5 on the white keys, D, E, and A have the 3rd finger on a black key, and B is weird (3 and 5 are both on black keys).

A major scale is whole whole half whole whole whole half.

A whole step is 2 keys - a half step is 1 key.

Try it out! Whatever technique you use to learn and memorize - practice it!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : how do you learn piano chords by yourself?
Description : Q. i quit my lessons before i finished grade 3. and how do i learn to play by ear? and and and, how long does it take to learn guitar by us...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger