• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord eb » Practice to play piano chords?

Practice to play piano chords?

Q. I teach myself keyboard and have the most trouble when I need to play chords more than 3 notes at a time. Like I'm learning Chopin's prelude in c minor - this is so hard when it's chords like that. Can anyone please recommend exercises I can do to help? Thank you.

A. There are several technical difficulties happening all at once in the c-minor prelude. Try eliminating the inner notes of the octave chords first until you are comfortable with the octaves and big stretches. For example, for the first RH chord G-C-Eb-G, just play the G as an octave and play the LH as is. Gradually add the inner notes. I suspect you also need some finger stretching exercises. I recommend Hanon #20, 49, 58. Try them in both c and c minor.

Original Question

How to practice piano chords?
Q. Piano

A. (assuming you are very new)

well major and minor chords are really simple and piano is really simple
play a major C you play C,E, and G, from C count to the keys to E it is 4 half steps, then 3 half to G this is the same for every major chord, you have the root(C) then 4h/s(E) then 3h/s(G), minor chords are the same but you have the root(C) then 3h/s(Eb) then 4h/s(G) now you know how to construct every major minor chord just by counting half steps, then you just have to practise until you memorize each, I suggest you play start by just by learning these basics and understand that no mater what the chord your thumb and pinky are alway static you do not move them when switching chords you'll find that almost every chord has these finger the same distance apart, except Bm/B and Bbm/Bb this is the odd chord where you'll have to think about possitioning your pinky if you play a B and count 7 half steps you'll find that you're pinky is on a black key and your thumb on a white while with all other major/minor chords its white white or black black

Original Question

How do you play piano chords??!!?
Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure out piano chords! My understanding is you play 3 notes at once - but its still confusing when looking at people play them on YouTube. Some music have just symbols like E, Dm, etc and lyrics??

Also, I'm trying to play this keyboard version of Hillsong's "This Is Our God" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1jZ1Ux9XOU). The chords listing is:

Intro-verse: E - G#m - C#m - A
Chorus:B - E/G# - A - F#mB/D# - E/G# - A
Instrumental - bridge:E - B - F#m - C#m - A - E (also in video description)

But I can't seem to get around what the left and right hand plays. Plus the video is too fast and unclear to work out the notes :(

Please could someone help me work out what notes to play/how to play them?
Basically, the user gave a list of chord names and I don't know what the left and right hand plays - also on some he doesn't hold 3 down, but alternates between a few!

Thanks

A. To play a piano chord, you need to find out which scale the chord belongs to. For example C chord would belong to the C major scale and Cmin chord would belong to the c minor scale. Lets use C chord as an example. We start off by playing the C note on the keyboard. Then, we miss a white not, but play the next one. We end up having one white note in between the notes we are playing. You should end up playing an E on a C major chord. Then we miss the next note after E, but play the one after that, G. That is a C or C major chord. However, when it comes to other chords we need to take in the key signature of the scale. C minor has an Eb in the key signature, so instead of playing C E G we play C Eb G. I know that probably made no sense so check out this very helpful website. http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/
I think you would benefit from piano lessons. A tutor can help you play the song and work out the chords. Hope I helped with my long-winded explanation!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Practice to play piano chords?
Description : Q. I teach myself keyboard and have the most trouble when I need to play chords more than 3 notes at a time. Like I'm learning Chopin...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • chords on the piano, what are they?
    Q. i do play the piano, but i kinda just play by ear etc, and i don't know chords at all. is there a list anywhere? im playing a piece ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger