• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord lessons for beginners » Piano...Chords Helpp!!!?

Piano...Chords Helpp!!!?

Q. im new at playing piano but i see there is a number up in the keys,i want to know if there is a website that have a chords a number i have a sample of it but some music are old and i want new music.. :D

A. Try:
http://piano.about.com/od/chordskeys/tp/triads_HUB.htm


http://www.scribd.com/doc/9634578/Beginners-Piano-Chord-Guide

http://www.zebrakeys.com/lessons/beginner/chords/

Original Question

Jazz piano chords.......?
Q. I just started taking jazz piano lessons.
When it says "C7" on a piece of music, does it mean I can only play C,E,G,and B in a measure or can I also play other notes? (when improvising)

A. Well first off C7 means it's a dominant Chord and it would be C,E,G,Bb not C,E,G,B, that's a C major 7th. You can use any notes in a C7th scale, C,D,E,F(although you generally don't want play the 4th unless it's a passing tone),G,A,Bb,C. That is what a beginner should start off fooling around with but you can use any note outside of the scale as a passing tone, don't limit yourself.

Original Question

How do you play piano chords??!!?
Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure out piano chords! My understanding is you play 3 notes at once - but its still confusing when looking at people play them on YouTube. Some music have just symbols like E, Dm, etc and lyrics??

Also, I'm trying to play this keyboard version of Hillsong's "This Is Our God" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1jZ1Ux9XOU). The chords listing is:

Intro-verse: E - G#m - C#m - A
Chorus:B - E/G# - A - F#mB/D# - E/G# - A
Instrumental - bridge:E - B - F#m - C#m - A - E (also in video description)

But I can't seem to get around what the left and right hand plays. Plus the video is too fast and unclear to work out the notes :(

Please could someone help me work out what notes to play/how to play them?
Basically, the user gave a list of chord names and I don't know what the left and right hand plays - also on some he doesn't hold 3 down, but alternates between a few!

Thanks

A. To play a piano chord, you need to find out which scale the chord belongs to. For example C chord would belong to the C major scale and Cmin chord would belong to the c minor scale. Lets use C chord as an example. We start off by playing the C note on the keyboard. Then, we miss a white not, but play the next one. We end up having one white note in between the notes we are playing. You should end up playing an E on a C major chord. Then we miss the next note after E, but play the one after that, G. That is a C or C major chord. However, when it comes to other chords we need to take in the key signature of the scale. C minor has an Eb in the key signature, so instead of playing C E G we play C Eb G. I know that probably made no sense so check out this very helpful website. http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/
I think you would benefit from piano lessons. A tutor can help you play the song and work out the chords. Hope I helped with my long-winded explanation!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Piano...Chords Helpp!!!?
Description : Q. im new at playing piano but i see there is a number up in the keys,i want to know if there is a website that have a chords a number i ha...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger