• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord player » Chord question for piano players. I need to know the keys for these chords?

Chord question for piano players. I need to know the keys for these chords?

Q. F minor 7 over E flat
F7
B flat 7 over D
C7 flat 9
G minor 7 flat 5

Thanks

A. There are chord charts all over the internet.

Basic chord structure should be easy for a pianist to learn. You are a pianist according to your profile.

1. Eb in the bass, F, Ab, C (Eb) -- but I wouldn't play the second Eb
2. F, A, C, Eb
3. D in the bass, Bb D F Ab
4. C, E G Ab Bb -- but voicing is the key to this chord -- a good way to play it is: Left hand C and Bb, Right hand E (G) Ab C -- I would leave out the G

5. G Bb Db F -- some folks call it a "half diminished 7th"

This is pretty basic theory, and I would start learning it now. A good pianist should have these at her fingertips.

Cheers

Glinzek

Original Question

Can you find the piano chords for these songs please? Boring I know. Sorry. ?
Q. Like chords as in C, D, F# and stuff.
You don't have to do all of them. Just one of them.

-Coldplay- High
-Snowman- Walking in the air
-Lion king- He lives in you
-Jeff Buckley- Hallelujah
-Celine Dion- Titanic

anything else.
seriously.
thankyou.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oooh and how to save a life by the fray.

A. need piano chords/tabs huh??? Go to www.911tabs.com and you can find ANY song you want to play....I'm a guitar/piano player and this is one site I go to find song tabs and stuff.

Original Question

reading piano chords in worship music?
Q. Hi. I play guitar and used to play the piano. I know most of the basic chords on the piano.

In church, i serve on the worship team and usually the song sheets are just the lyrics with chords printed above them. yet the piano/keyboard player manages to play a piano part. i was wondering what they do. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

A. The ability to play and improvise with chords ('chord method') is definitely a skill and something that many classical pianists never learn to do with fluency. Worship and jazz pianists can usually play with chords.

I'm worship leader at my church (though I don't play piano for my church) and my pianist is amazing at this!

A basic way to begin:

Play the chord in your right hand (middle C area). With your left hand, play the bass note, 2 octaves down. So, with a C chord, play the chord and a bass C. You can also try playing a bass note that's one of the other notes in the chord (E and G). Repeat the RH chord with the beat while leaving the LH bass note down until the chord changes.

To spice things up, you can:

Play bass octaves. Play 2 C's at the same time, with your thumb and pinky.

Add the 2. In your RH chord, also push your pointer finger (2 finger in piano, also the 2 note of the chord). This is a cool-sounding chord and much more interesting than a plain chord.

Rock your RH with the beat. Alternate playing 3-5 (top half of chord, E and G) with 1 (C). Rock back and forth like a seesaw, in time with the music.

From there, you just need to start growing your knowledge of chords, and practicing. The more you play, the better you get! The more chords you learn, the more you understand how they relate to each other, and how music works. You're actually learning music theory via chords.

Check out Duane Shinn's chord stuff - he has a free email course with 101 free chord lessons!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Chord question for piano players. I need to know the keys for these chords?
Description : Q. F minor 7 over E flat F7 B flat 7 over D C7 flat 9 G minor 7 flat 5 Thanks A. There are chord charts all over the internet. Basic chord...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger