• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » dsus piano chord » Piano: Will someone explain to me what this means?

Piano: Will someone explain to me what this means?

Q. verses are Em7 to Am7

pre chorus is Em7 D/F# G Am7 G/B C2

chorus is Am7 G/B C2 G Am7

the bridge is C G/B C Dsus (x3)
then C G/B Dsus D

A. In the context of piano, this has no meaning whatsoever.
What is written above shows the chords you would play on a guitar while accompanying the piano part. If you were to play these chords on the piano, it would work too, but as there is already a piano part written, it will sound much better to just play the sheet music.
Some pianists may use the guitar chords to improvise as they go along, and just play the harmony to the song.

Original Question

where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
Q.

A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7]

pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2

chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7]

the bridge is [C] [G/B] [C] [Dsus] (x3)

then [C] [G/B] [Dsus] [D]
.|

Original Question

How to play chords on piano?
Q. Can you help me? For my youth group praise band, I need to know how to play chords like so:
C Em7 Dsus G
(LALLALALALALALALALALALALA) <<<Example
If you can answer can u please tell me step by step?

A. Wow, playing on a band. =D, First of all, good luck!

Anyway, since you are playing IN a band. This means that you should be very careful on playing chords (piano/keyboard clinics). I recommend:
1. Play power chords(roots and 5ths) for both hands. eg. C chord: LH = C-G, RH = C-G.
I exclude the 3rd note, in this case: E, because your guitar player might play lots of melodies on the 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths.
Note: Don't play lots of bass chords on your left hand coz it is the bass player's job. keep your hands close to each other.

2. Minimize, not stop, playing high notes. Learn how to invert chords. eg. Em7 chord. Instead E-G-B-D, use B-D-E-B on your RH(note, i removed the 3rd, G) . It is the lead guitar player's job to play high notes. Sometimes, the lead guitar player needs assistance/reinforcements on his leads, its your time to play those high notes.

3. Since you are playing on a worship team band, suspended (sus) chords are useful to create a feeling of worship in the church(or wherever). In this case, Dsus, i recommend playing it on this pattern: A-D-G on your RH added with D-A-D on your LH. Pianos sounds cool when playing suspended chords.

4, G, still, play without thirds but add and octave. eg. LH = G, RH = G-D-G.

5. and lastly, play some ghost notes.

I hope i helped, may God bless and your band. =D

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Piano: Will someone explain to me what this means?
Description : Q. verses are Em7 to Am7 pre chorus is Em7 D/F# G Am7 G/B C2 chorus is Am7 G/B C2 G Am7 the bridge is C G/B C Dsus (x3) then C G/B Dsus D A...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger