• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord book » Can anyone recommend a good book on chord progressions for piano?

Can anyone recommend a good book on chord progressions for piano?

Q.

A. The fake books are great, but did you want books about chord progressions?

These are highly recommended

The Jazz Piano Book, Mark Levine
The Jazz Theory Book, Mark Levine
Jazz Chord Progressions, Bill Boyd

Original Question

Music books for piano chords?
Q. Hi,

I'm currently teaching myself piano and I am learning chords through online lessons. However, I'd like to be able to recognize chords on sheet music as well as just know where to put my fingers on the piano. Does anyone know where I might find a book that teaches all the possible chords for piano (yes, all of them) and lists all of them on staff lines? Sort of like a chord collection book, if you will. Any help would be much appreciated!

A. Hal Leonard has such books.
Includes The Hal Leonard Student Piano Library, piano methods and supplementary materials, solo piano songbooks and sheets, Pace Piano Library, piano duets and ensembles, Lee Evans Publications and much more.

to be more specific:




CHORDS FOR KEYBOARD AND GUITAR
Series: Paperback Songs


Artist: Various


This convenient reference features a clear, concise, simple and visual approach to keyboard and guitar chords. Includes over 800 keyboard chord frames, over 1000 guitar chord frames, and a helpful explanation on how chords are formed. Multiple voicings (with explanations on when to use each) are given for each chord.

$8.95 (US)
Inventory # HL 00702009
ISBN: 0793545366
UPC: 73999020090
Width: 4
Length: 7
256 pages

Original Question

Can you please translate these piano chords, I dont know how to read them?
Q. These are the chords.
Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 Ab Bbm7 B Ab Verses: Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 (x4) Cbm7 Bbm7 Cbm7 B Bbm7 Chorus: Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 C# C#m Bridge: B Bbm7 Ab (x2) C# C#m Ab Fm F# Ab Bbm Ab F# Please Help!

A. Ok this is in no way going to teach you how to play piano, but a basic understanding of music theory would help a lot. Chords are structured based on scales and keys yadah yadah. the letters (i.e. A B C D) are root notes to the chords. Now for the symbols. b=flat so Ab= A flat major chord. It's major because is has nothing denoting it's not. anything with a little m next to it is minor. That means that rather than playing the chord major, you drop the third note in the chord down a half step. The 7 means you add in the 7th note in the scale to that chord. # is the opposite of flat. It means sharp, so c# is a C sharp chord. Verse chorus and bridge are self-explanitory. Chords are generally 3-5 notes on average played together. So the first chord on there the Ab chord is an A flat major chord. your root note is Ab, and the other two notes you play are C and Eb I believe. If you don't know the notes on a piano, you need to buy a book. If this makes sense, it should be easier to figure out now. Another note. A major chord consists generally of three or four notes. Your root note, the next note is 4 half steps above that, and the next note is 3 half steps above that.

A minor chord has the root note, the next note is three half steps above that, and the last note is 5 half steps above that. I'm certainly not saying "this is how you play piano". I play, and it's not something you can just pick up and learn, but this should give you somewhat of a better understanding of how to read these charts. If you go out and spend like ten bucks at a local music store, you can get a music theory book that will explain all of this in great detail. btw what song is this?
Hope this helps and good luck.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Can anyone recommend a good book on chord progressions for piano?
Description : Q. A. The fake books are great, but did you want books about chord progressions? These are highly recommended The Jazz Piano Book, Mark L...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • chords on the piano, what are they?
    Q. i do play the piano, but i kinda just play by ear etc, and i don't know chords at all. is there a list anywhere? im playing a piece ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger