• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » d9 piano chord » How do you play a D/C chord for piano?

How do you play a D/C chord for piano?

Q. Im just turning from keyboard to piano.
People have said the first note is the chord and the second note is the base. But their isnt a C in a D note.
I just need to know how to play that note.
this is the piece music
http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0059629

A. This is a way they write chords in jazz. Jazz uses notes that aren't in the chord. It means play a D triad in the left hand (D, F#, A) and a C triad in the right hand (C, E, G). This adds up to a D9/11, which is to say, a D chord with an 11, a 9, and a flat 7. They write it D/C because some find it easier to think of it as two simple chords than to think of it as one complicated chord. To make it easier you could play a D7 with your left hand, (D, F#, A, C). Usually when you see these compound chords (as they're called) you can just play the chord on the left, in this case the D.
Good luck!

Original Question

What does it mean when a Guitar/Piano chord has a number after it? e.g A2 D5 (i don't mean Aadd5, i know that)?
Q. e.g A2 D5 (i don't mean Aadd5, i know about that)

A. Hmm. Interesting question.

Well, you could be referring to a single note, and the octave. C4 is middle C, for example. If not, then you may have incorrectly voiced the question. Most chords use the 1st, 3rd and 5th degrees of the scale, so "A5" or "add5" don't exist. But if it's "C7" that means add the 7th degree, "D9" means the 7th and the 9th, etc. etc.

The number after the chord tells you which degree of the scale to add to the chord. However, if it is a number and only a number, it means add that note and the one(s) before it. So D11 means add the 7th, the 9th and the 11th.

I've probably got this all wrong, but hopefully I've helped.

Original Question

how to play "cant take my eyes off of you" by franki valli on piano!!?
Q. so i love the song but I am not much of pianist, so i cant read music, however could someone provide me with the chords (and the notes that consists of each chord) or a slow tutorial? please i am in serious need of playing this song!!!!

A. intro:

F#7/E Am6/E E 2x

E
You're just too g ood to be true
Emaj7
Can't take my eyes off of you
E7
You'd be like h eaven to touch
A/E
I wanna hold you so much
Am6/E
At long last love has arrived
E
And I thank G od I'm alive
F#7/E
You're just too good to be true
Am6/E E
Can't take my e yes off of you

Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
So if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that it's real
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you

break:


F#m7 B7 Emaj7

chorus:

F#m9 B7
I love you baby and if it's q uite all right
G#m7 C#m7
I need you baby to warm the l onely nights
F#m7 B7 Emaj7 C#7#9
I love you baby, trust in me when I say
F#m9 B7
Oh pretty baby, don't bring me d own I pray
G#m7 C#m7
Oh pretty baby, now that I've found you stay
F#m7 D9
And let me love you baby, let me l ove you


(repeat verse 1 in key of G):
G Gmaj7 G7 C/G
Cm6/G G A7/G Cm6/G G

(repeat last 4 bars of break, in original key)
(repeat first 3 lines of chorus to fade)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do you play a D/C chord for piano?
Description : Q. Im just turning from keyboard to piano. People have said the first note is the chord and the second note is the base. But their isnt a C...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger