• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » online piano chord book » Best way to start learning to play piano/keyboard on your own.?

Best way to start learning to play piano/keyboard on your own.?

Q. I'm a beginner and want to learn to play through books and dvd. Is this better than a teacher? Any tips?

A. I've started out as learning it on my own. However I was only able to play both hands as long as the bass were just chords that changed every measure. So then I got a piano teacher. It's been around say 4 years since I've been playing, and all I can tell you is that it takes loads of practice, patience, and effort. You may end up learning the same thing for weeks. And remember, when you're learning something, please make and effort to have it perfect before you move on.

Now when you ask if this is better than a teacher, I guess money wise yeah. However, learning yourself may take a lot more time but don't give up!

I'm glad you're taking an interest in the piano. Anyways, just make sure you have loads of patience.
First of all, you want to learn how to read notes obviously. You want to learn the treble clef and the bass.
In addition, you should also learn how to keep a steady beat. Most song have a 4/4 rhythm which means there are 4 beats in every bar.

This is an excellent site that shows basic note reading and rhythm: http://datadragon.com/education/reading/

Note reading and rhythm may not come to you at first but gradually as you learn to play more songs, you'll being more better at it. Even at 4 years, I'm still not perfect at rhythm not note reading.

This site over here has a "collection" of sheet musics with super super super basic notes you can read: http://www.yokewong.net/EasyNotes.html

Now for your first book, I highly recommend : http://www.amazon.com/Joy-First-Year-Piano/dp/0825680131/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240542108&sr=8-11

You should also do your own research and find some more Denes Agay books. those books were my first and they helped a lot.

also try this book: http://www.amazon.com/Technic-Fun-Hirschberg/dp/0757922597/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240542853&sr=1-3

As you progress you might want to find sheet music of your own tastes online. You may want to make improvisions on it so they can be easier for you to play.

You may also want to take a look at sonatinas after 2-3 years.
Anyways, find whatever you need over the internet... they have loads of stuff (: and find other books. Try not to work on more than 2-3 books at a time and keep at learning speed at your own pace.

Original Question

How do I compose a song on the piano?
Q. I know basic piano - I can read very basic sheet music, and I can play by ear. I can get the melody to a song, play it with one hand, but how do figure out which notes I should be playing with the other hand to give it that complete, harmonizing sound? I took piano lessons years ago, so I can't remember. I think it has something to do with chords though, right?

A. Composing (writing) a song on the piano is way different than simply playing the piano. It sounds like you are really wanting to know how to put chords to a melody.

Unfortunately, this can't be answered here in a short amount of time.

What you need is to study music theory. Here are a few good sites I've found that should help you out, although ideally, you should take piano lessons again.

To get a better handle on what it's all about, I recommend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_theory

Then, check out some of the following:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=books%3A+Music+theory&btnG=Google+Search

And yes, there is a book titled "Music Theory for Dummies."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Music+theory+for+dummies&btnG=Search

HELPFUL ONLINE STUDIES:
http://www.musictheory.net
http://www.numbera.com/musictheory/

Also, take a look at some sheet music in a music store. Just looking at a few songs that you are familiar with will help you match the chords with the melody. What you will find is that, in most cases, the note in the melody matches a note in the accompanying chord.

Probably more info than you were looking for, but I'm just trying to share the wealth!

Kabum

Original Question

Where can I find piano chords online?
Q. I have some basic piano books and I would like to learn a few chords on the piano do you know where I can find any?

A. Yes, as it happens, I do. Here, you will find the chords you seek. Happy playing. http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Best way to start learning to play piano/keyboard on your own.?
Description : Q. I'm a beginner and want to learn to play through books and dvd. Is this better than a teacher? Any tips? A. I've started out as...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Can someone tell me the piano chords for don't let me be lonely?
    Q. Hello, I attended a summer camp for adult visually impaired campers and really liked it, so I want to go back next year. They usually ha...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger