• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord ideas » How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?

How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?

Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyrics, my problem is the melody, i have sad sounding piano chords like Cm Bb Fm Eb and the melody i sing along goes along with the chords, but im just not feeling that it is sad enough, i want it to really express beauty and sadness and grief....an tips?

A. Slow, minor chords with a perfect match of majors. Don't think too hard while making it, just use what you feel. If you don't feel sad just make yourself believe you're sad.

Original Question

How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it and couldn't find the right thing. Anyone have any idea how to convert guitar chords to piano notes? I will play piano chords if I absolutely have to though I would rather play notes (for the accurate pitch).

A. It sounds like you are asking how to play a single note on the piano to match the guitar chord. If the guitar chord is C Major, C Minor, C Seventh, C (anything), you simply play a C note on the piano. D Major, Minor, etc, play a D note. These single notes are known as 'roots' or 'tonics' of chords. This is the same thing a bass player does when he plays with a guitar, although he will often embellish with other notes. I would recommend not just playing a single C note but two C notes with the same hand or both hands to get a fuller sound.

Original Question

How do I take Piano or Guitar Chords and make them notes for a Flute?
Q. I have to play songs for the Student Ministry at my church on my flute. My worship leader gave me the Piano chords and i want to learn how to play some Breaking Benjamin stuff too. I have the chords but i have no idea what notes to play. I've messed around with the notes that are in the chords but they don't make sense. Especially the minors and majors..any help??

A. Figure out the key (scale) of the song then play around in that scale. Since you have the piano chords you could simply play the root note of the chord followed by other notes of the scale, or you could walk up or down to the root of the chord using the notes of the scale. You can use non-scale notes also but only in passing.

Really there is no such things as a wrong note. It's just a innate ability you develop to know when to play it and when to release it, e.g. placement and duration of a note. The ability to play your scales really fast, and skip around in them knowing where you are at all times will make it easy for you. Though you must control yourself and not overplay.

Your ear will develop and you'll eventually figure out how to play any melodic line you want or desire to play.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
Description : Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
    Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to inc...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger