• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord key c » What piano chords make a good lullaby song?

What piano chords make a good lullaby song?

Q. I am trying to write a song and am wondering if anyone knew chords that produced that sleepy wonderful sound. Thanks so much!

A. Well, you'd have to choose a scale first, a good scale would be G major or C major. In G major, whenever you play "C" or "F", you change the not to a sharp. Some chords you could use include G, B, D, or C, E, G (the most simple chord), but you should experiement different key combinations.

Good lullaby chords usually use three keys each spread out by one note.

Original Question

How do you know what piano chords go together?
Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they go together to write a song. Could you guys give me some tips on writing songs?

A. I'm been composing for a LONG time so I can tell you where you need to start. I know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it. You need to practice remembering what chords are compatible to one another.

For example a D G (Bflat) chord is compatible with a G (Bflat) D chord.

Did you see how they contain the same notes but are arranged differently?

Look at a d minor scale:

D E F G A (Bflat) (Csharp) D

Any of those keys are acceptable for a d minor song. So if you used chords that are combinations of any of those keys, you can be 90% sure to be fail safe. That's a good place to start.

Now look at an a minor scale:

A B C D E F (Aflat) A

Play the following chords:

(A C E)
((Aflat) C E)
(F (A flat) C)
(E A C)

Those are all in the scale and you just created a tune to an a minor song

Recognizing what doesn't sound right is the beginning of learning what DOES sound right.

Experiment a little and find out what works what doesn't


Hope this helps

Original Question

Do piano key signatures sound different from each other?
Q. Does the sound change as scales are played away from key of C? Are some happier or sadder sounding?

A. Major chords will reflect happiness /cheerful situation

Minor Chords will reflect sadness / grief / intense situation

However Minor Chords with 7th note will reflect calmness and relaxing situation

Those are the only differences in terms of the sound meaning. The key letter itself doesn't hold any meaning. i.e. C major is the same as A major, F major etc.

The meaning of the sound lies on the chord you are playing. (i.e. when a note is mixed with other note to perform major,minor, or minor7th chords)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What piano chords make a good lullaby song?
Description : Q. I am trying to write a song and am wondering if anyone knew chords that produced that sleepy wonderful sound. Thanks so much! A. Well, ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger