• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » r » Prove that if R is a commutative ring with unity, then the invertible elements form a group with respect to th?

Prove that if R is a commutative ring with unity, then the invertible elements form a group with respect to th?

Q. Pa rt 1) An element a in a commutative ring R with unity e is said to be invertible if there is an element b in R such that ab=e. Prove that if R is a commutative ring with unity, then the invertible elements form a group with respect to the multiplication of the ring.

Part 2) What is the group of invertible elements in ZZ4?

A. Write U = set of invertible elements in R.
1) Closure: a and b are in U then there exist a^-1 and b^-1 so that aa^-1 = bb^-1 = 1. Then (ab)(b^-1a^-1) = a(bb^-1)a^-1 = a(1)a^-1 = aa^-1 =1, so that ab is also in U.
2) Clearly U is associative since R is.
3) 1 is clearly in U.
4) Clearly, by the definition of U every element has an inverse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U(Z/4) = {1,3}. If a is invertible in Z/4 then ab = 1 mod 4 is solvable. So a can't be 2 otherwise 2a = 1 mod 4 implies 2 divides 1. If a = 1 then 1*1 = 1 mod 4, and if a = 3 then 3*3 = 9 = 1 mod 4.

A more general way to do this part is:
Using Bezout's theorem/Euclidean algorithm, gcd(a,4) = 1 implies ab = 1 +4d = 1 mod 4. The only numbers with gcd(a,4) =1 are a = 1 and 3.

Original Question

What is the direct corolation of R-value to sound dampening?
Q. Owens Corning Insulating R-19 compared to R-13 would reduce/absorb x% of sound. Typically sound absorption is rated as a coefficient with 1.0 being 100% and .5 being a 50% reduction. What value would R-19 or R-13 provide in reducing sound?

A. That's going to be hard to estimate because the R value of Owens Corning insulation is resistance to HEAT/COLD and not sound or vibration.

Original Question

What must be the value of r for the astronauts to weigh 1/4 of their earth weight?
Q. Suppose the surface (radius = r) of a cylindrical space station is rotating at 23.1 m/s to provide artificial gravity. What must be the value of r for the astronauts to weigh 1/4 of their earth weight?

A. Answer --> 217.6 m

Given.

v = 23.1 m/s
a = 2.4525 m/s^2 (25% of 9.81 m/s^2 Earth gravity)

Original equation is:

a = v^2 / r

Solve for r:

r = v^2 / a

With values:

r = (23.1 m/s)^2 / (2.4525 m/s^2)

r = (533.61 m^2/s^2) / (2.4525 m/s^2)

r = 217.6 m

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Prove that if R is a commutative ring with unity, then the invertible elements form a group with respect to th?
Description : Q. Pa r t 1) An element a in a commutative r ing R with unity e is said to be invertible if there is an element b in R such that ab=e. Pr...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger